So I'm not allowed to wake Jim up for another hour. I've already cleaned, and eaten and wrapped the last of the presents. So I thought I'd update the blog since it's been forever!
First off, to those of you that have significant others that work the night shift, do you find it as hard as I do to let them sleep during the day?? Oh it's such a struggle for me. I've tried to stay on pretty much the same schedule as him, but who can really pull an all-nighter four days out of the week when the don't really have to? I usually make it to right past midnight or so and then I'm down and out for the night. So I get a couple hours somedays of actually having my hubby in bed with me, but then I'm wide awake.
And then I have to WAIT five, six, seven hours until I am 'allowed' to wake him up. I struggle. I really do. I just know that he's in the other room and I want to talk to him or ask him questions or show him what I'm doing. I'm getting better, I promise, but still.
Anyways, that was a long sidenote. :) Bottom line, can't wait 'til the day he's back on at least a second shift schedule, I don't even remember what it's like for him to work during the day haha.
So onto updates.
I'm 29 weeks pregnant if my counting is correct. I've been feeling pretty good. Other then being extremely tired, but I found out I'm anemic, so hopefully the iron supplements I'm on now will help that part of it.
In some ways I can't believe I'm this far already, and in others I can't wait for this pregnancy to be done.
I'm definitely not one of those lovely ladies that enjoy being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool to be growing our kid and I get a kick out of feeling him move around. But it also weirds to me out to a degree. And being sick for the first six months of it doesn't really help you enjoy such a process. So I'll be happy as can be when this baby is actually here, and not hanging out in the womb anymore.
I'm to the point where we're doing every two week appointments, so hopefully that will help the time go by a little quicker. It helps to have something to look forward to.
Ummm what else...
Boise State is going to the Fiesta Bowl. We were hoping they would come here, makes for an easy trip. But we were pretty bummed about who they're playing. Should be a good game, but we were hoping for a BCS conference school, as I'm sure TCU fans were too. Oh well. I'm just glad we don't have to travel far this year for the game. It's on the 4th of Jan and it's on one of Jim's off days, so he doesn't even have to miss work for it. Sweetness.
We were able to get another look at baby boy at our last appt but the little brat hid his face and then when we tried to poke him around and get him to move he covered what little we saw of his face with his hand. Definitely my child. Such a brat already. :)
Well I'm running out of steam, I'll try to update again sooner than later. I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season and a very merry Christmas!!
2 comments:
Your the sweet part of it all Shaye. The boy is like dad!!! Jim will now have someone to keep him honest. Take care Chris
Thanks for the update, hope you guys had a happy Christmas. Pregnancy may be a beautiful, but it sure ain't pretty. Hang in there :)
Post a Comment